Transfiguration is the magical art of changing the properties of something. It is described as immensely difficult and dangerous by its practitioners but is quite useful when mastered. It is an art in which you transform something or someone into something else.
There are four known varieties of Transfiguration; they are:
One of the simpler varieties of Transfiguration, transformation refers to the alteration of one pre-existing object into another.
Described as the most difficult branch of Transfiguration, conjuration is the art of producing something from thin air.
The ability to cause something to disappear into thin air is rather difficult, but is nonetheless quite important; it is called vanishment.
Untransfiguration is not truly a branch of Transfiguration, but rather the reversal of a previously done transfiguration.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows