It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Potterpedia Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
31 July, 1980
|Also known as|
- "Hmm. Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh my goodness, yes - and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting... so where shall I put you?"
- —The Sorting Hat to Harry[src]
Harry was born into the pure-blood Potter family, as well as the muggle Evans family, in the summer of 1980. His christening was kept rather quiet due to his being hunted by Voldemort. However, when he was but an infant, Voldemort discovered the Potters' cottage, and killed the Potters. However, upon turning his wand upon Harry and trying to kill him, the curse rebounded and Voldemort was defeated.
1991-1992 School YearEdit
This year, Harry was made aware by the half-giant, Rubeus Hagrid, of the existence of magic, something his aunt and uncle had kept secret from him for a long while. Hagrid took him to Diagon Alley, where he bought his school supplies according to a list sent by Professor McGonagall. He also met the mysterious wandmaker, Ollivander, who sold him a wand that was the brother of Voldemort's. Ollivander, and Harry's wand, would both be important later on in Harry's life.
1992-1993 School YearEdit
1993-1994 School YearEdit
1994-1995 School YearEdit
1995-1996 School YearEdit
1996-1997 School YearEdit
After the war, Harry became an Auror and helped the newly reformed Ministry of Magic to clean up the laws and such, as did his friends Ron and Hermione. In or before 2017, Harry had probably married Ginny Weasley, as he had three children with her. In September of that year, he and his wife went to King's Cross Station to see off their kids.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Harry Potter had hair that was known to be messy, with a chronic inability to lie flat or be tamed by brushing. It was also known to grow very quickly. He inherited his mother's green eyes and wore spectacles from an early age. He was always rather skinny, described as "specky and scrawny," but grew tall in his teenage years.
Seen or MentionedEdit
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows