Point wand at victim
- "Moody raised his wand again, pointed it at the spider, and muttered "Crucio!" At once, the spider's legs bent in upon its body; it rolled over and began to twitch horribly, rocking from side to side. No sound came from it, but Harry was sure that if it could have given voice, it would have been screaming."
- —Alastor Moody torturing a spider.[src]
The Cruciatus Curse (Crucio) tortures people; excessive use can lead to mental insanity of the victims. The curse is one of the three Unforgivable curses.
- Alice Longbottom
- Frank Longbottom
- Neville Longbottom
- Peter Pettigrew
- Harry Potter
- Garrick Ollivander
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows